Thank you for your interest in writing for Authentically Alison! One of the main goals that I created when thinking about what I wanted authenticallyalison.com to be, was a community of people living out their own authentic life. I want my website to be a place where I can share my thoughts, but also a place where other people can share their thoughts as well.
I will be accepting guest post submissions at any given time within a one-month window before a three month break in between unless specifically stated otherwise. With that being said, I have some requirements and guidelines for those who want to submit their work.
Please be aware that I will read every submission but not all will be accepted due to several different factors:
- I have closed submissions for my month break.
- Your submission does not follow the guidelines and requirements.
- You have not submitted or gotten your required post approved.
- You have submitted multiple articles without waiting to be approved which will qualify as spam which will possibly be ignored.
I will try to keep an open mind as I read every submission but as I aim to live an authentic life there are some things that are not up to debate and will remain priority when accepting articles for my website.
- I do require one mandatory post before I allow a contributor the right to submit anything else. Mandatory post: What does it mean to live an authentic life? What does that mean for you?
- Under no circumstances will I accept articles with profanity and/or use of the Lord’s name in vain.
- No bullying, bashing, or promoting of anything that is not God honoring; I am upfront with my beliefs: I am a Christian, pro-life, and reserve the right to reject anything that does not meet my standards.
The following guidelines are to be followed but are flexible and can be negotiated if I am contacted properly and asked to have them changed.
First Time Submissions
- All submissions must be submitted through email with Guest Post Submission in the subject line, your article as a word document or google document, and your name, email, and website in the body of the email.
- All submissions must be a minimum of 500 words and maximum of 1,500 words.
- All first submissions must be the article stated in the requirements: what does it mean to live an authentic life? What does it mean for you?
Second Time and Following Submissions
- All submissions must stick with the schedule that was established at the beginning of our guest blogging relationship after the approval of your first article.
- All submissions must be submitted within the one-month submission window.
- All submissions must be edited by the writer for grammatical errors, language, etc, and only the first and final draft must be emailed as a word document or Google document properly labeled in the subject line.
- All submissions must be properly labeled with your name, email, website, and the title of your article.
- All submissions must be original and follow the theme of Authentically Alison but can be about almost anything as long as it meets the requirements stated above.
All submissions must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org